Waterjet Cut Shims for Auxiliary HVAC Systems in an Aircraft
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Using our superior XD abrasive waterjet cutting machine, we were able to provide a quick turnaround for our client’s shim order. After determining the appropriate machining process by working with a client supplied drawing, Aerospace Alloys, Inc. decided to use stainless steel, aluminum, and titanium base materials. Once we acquired the materials, we abrasive waterjet cut the shims to the desired finished size.
Once complete, each shim featured a material thickness between .010" and .032" and a product diameter between 4" and 18". The tightest tolerance we upheld was +/- .005" during machining. As a result of our superior waterjet cutting methods, we were able to meet and surpass our client’s expectations. We delivered the order to our client in 5 to 10 days, where the shims were then used in auxiliary HVAC systems within aircrafts. We offer this service on a national level.
To learn about this project and inquire about our other services, please contact Aerospace Alloys.
Manufacturing of Shims Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Acquired material, abrasive waterjet cut shims to finished size
- Tightest Tolerance
- Material Thickness
- Product Diameter
- Up to 18" diameter typically but can go much larger!
- Cutting Method
- Abrasive waterjet cutting
- Base Material
- Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Titanium
- Special Feature
- We are able to provide quick turnarounds on shims and hold tight tolerances with the use of our XD Abrasive Waterjet Cutting Machine.
- Industry for Use
- Auxiliary HVAC systems in aircraft
- Prototype to production quantities
- Delivery Time
- 5-10 Days depending on volume
- Delivery Location
- Drawing Type Accepted
- .dwg and .dxf